I've been working with teenagers for about 20 years now--half as an English teacher and half as a guidance counselor. I have walked hundreds and hundreds of kids and parents through college admissions, and I have come to believe (as most guidance counselors I know!) that helping students choose the best schools for them as unique individuals is the best way to ensure that they are happy and successful in college.
Every year I work to streamline this process and tailor it to meet each student's needs. Every year my goal is to make it less confusing and overwhelming for the kids, and certainly to decrease their stress in every way possible.
More and more people are asking for this help, this guidance, and this stress management system. I realized two years ago that I couldn't possibly help everyone who needed it (I wouldn't even be able to handle all of my own family and friends!)...unless I built a website and made it free. This site is that vision.
May it set each of you firmly and clearly on the path to your own dreams.
University of Oxford, 2014
MSt. In Literature and Art
University of California, Berkeley
Summer Latin Intensive Workshop
Université Catholique de Lyon, 2003
DELF 2me degree in French Language
Harvard University, 2002
ALM in Classical Civilizations
Nominated for Dean’s Thesis Prize
The Ohio State University, 1994 and 1995
BA in English with Honors and Distinction
Nominated as Outstanding Senior in English
MA in Education
- Seattle Area College Consultants
- Higher Educational Consultants of America
- National Association of College Admissions Counselors
- Pacific Northwest Association of College Admissions Counselors
- Jane Austen Society of North America
- Ohio State Alumni Association
- Harvard Alumni Association
- Education is a basic human right.
- We must leave the earth better than we found it.
- Do not be afraid.
- There are more important things in life than money.
- Always have a dream.
- Follow your heart.
- Never, never, never give up.